Comprehensive Pest Solutions In Green Valley, AZ
Located just 25 miles south of Tucson, the town of Green Valley, AZ is a great place to live, work, and play. Between the beautiful year-round weather and the gorgeous desert setting, there’s so much to be thankful for here in Green Valley. However, we’re not the only ones who like it here. Local pest populations are present all year long, which means that Green Valley properties are exposed to the dangers of pest infestation. If you want guaranteed protection from pests, you’ve come to the right place.
Here at Pest Friends, we’ve got your back. Our locally owned and operated company is dedicated to providing preventative pest control to the local community. As we always say, “It’s Your Neighborhood,” and we are here to protect the community from residential and commercial infestation on a continuing basis.
We are proud to be a modern, eco-friendly choice for innovative pest solutions, and we customize our services to meet your needs. If you own property here in Pima County or throughout the greater Tucson area, get in touch with us today to discuss your pest control needs.
Residential Pest Control In Green Valley, AZ
With a population of almost 24,000 people, Green Valley is brimming with life - both human and pest. That means you are at risk for experiencing a household pest infestation, and that’s a real nightmare that every homeowner should avoid.
Pest Friends protects local homeowners from all kinds of common household pests, such as ants, stinging insects, pigeons, cockroaches, rodents, scorpions, termites, spiders, fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes. Our residential pest control services include:
- Thorough service around interior and exterior.
- Use of naturally occurring products.
- Placement of boric acid to defend your home against cockroaches.
- Application of diatomaceous earth around bed frames to treat bed bugs.
- Seal and treat active areas rather than spraying baseboards inside the house.
- Layering of treatments around the yard to stop pests from the outside.
- Use of low-impact baits and a full perimeter treatment.
- Treating cracks and crevices where pests hide.
- Treatment of utility access points, door frames, and j-trim.
- De-webbing and detesting around the house.
We’re proud to maintain a great neighborhood reputation, known for delivering lasting results and superb customer service. Reach out to us today to learn more about our residential pest control services.
Commercial Pest Control In Green Valley, AZ
If you’re concerned about pest infestation in your commercial facility, we’re here to help you. We provide complete commercial pest solutions that Green Valley business owners can depend on all year long. Our team of highly experienced service technicians has serviced a variety of facilities, ranging from condos and restaurants to entertainment venues.
All of our treatments are customizable per your business’s needs because we know that no two infestations are alike. From our first inspection through each and every follow-up visit, our expert technicians are dedicated to pest-free results that last. Our Pest Friends guarantee means that if you’re unhappy with our service, we’ll come up with a timely solution to fix the issue, and we don’t stop until the situation is resolved. Call today to get started.
What Green Valley Property Owners Ought To Know About American Cockroaches
While there are many different types of cockroaches, one of the most common species to invade Green Valley properties is the American cockroach. A cockroach infestation is perhaps one of the worst types of infestation because no matter what types of cockroaches have infested your property, they can spread dangerous diseases to humans.
Below are some of the diseases the American cockroach can transmit to you and anyone else that frequents your property:
- Typhoid fever: The main symptom of this illness is, not surprisingly, a severe, high fever. Additionally, there will usually be a loss of appetite, stomach pain, headache, and weakness.
- Campylobacteriosis: An intense gastrointestinal illness that usually lasts about a week. This disease causes severe fever, stomach cramps, and often bloody diarrhea. Nausea and vomiting may also occur.
- Salmonella: Another severe gastrointestinal illness, salmonella causes painful stomach cramps, diarrhea, and a fever.
- Listeria: This infection typically shows up in the form of fever, chills, muscle aches, nausea, and diarrhea. If left untreated, the infection can spread to your nervous system, causing convulsions, loss of balance, a headache, stiff neck, and confusion.
If you have a cockroach infestation, do not try to treat it yourself. Not only are cockroaches impossible to get rid of on your own, but you could expose yourself to any of the dangerous illnesses listed above. Reach out to Pest Friends for help with effective cockroach control today!
The Importance Of Professional Termite Protection For Green Valley Businesses
One of the best reasons for professional pest control in Pima County is termites. As business owners, we have a lot going on and many concerns. Tiny insects chewing through our building and compromising its structural integrity is not usually our primary concern; however, it should be. By the time you realize you have an infestation of termites, it could cost you thousands of dollars in damages, or worst, the damage might be too extensive to repair.
Below are some reasons why a professional termite inspection is essential for all Green Valley business owners:
- Termites are hard to spot: Termites do not like to be out in the open. Born without eyes, they prefer to live far away from the rest of the world and do so by chewing tunnels through wood and breeding in the safety of darkness.
- There's never just one termite: Much like ants, even if you manage to kill a handful of termites, your problem is not solved because termite colonies are massive, and it's nearly impossible for you to be able to kill them all.
- Queen and king termites are replaceable: If the king or queen termite dies, the worker termites do not need another king or queen to restart their colony.
A professional termite inspection and control is the only effective termite control. Here at Pest Friends, we train our technicians to spot damage caused by termites long before it's obvious, and they utilize advanced treatment tools not readily available to the public.
Just How Dangerous Are Green Valley's Spiders?
There are many common house spiders here in Green Valley, but unfortunately, a few of them are incredibly dangerous to people.
Below are some of the spiders you need to watch out for here:
- Black widow spiders: Infamous for the distinctive red hourglass marking on the underside of the females, black widow spiders are incredibly venomous. The good news is that they are shy and will not go out of their way to bite people unless they feel threatened.
- Wolf spiders: These spiders don't look like common house spiders. They are relatively large, with excellent eyesight, and don't spin webs. Their hunting style includes pouncing on prey and chasing it for short distances. It is possible to have a severe allergic reaction to a wolf spider's venom.
- Arizona brown spider: The dangerous Arizona brown spider will likely not be too far behind if you have an ant infestation. They have a distinct violin-shaped marking on their abdomens and have long, thin legs.
If you are unsure what type of spider has infested your home, call us over at Pest Friends. Don't try to get rid of them yourself because you could risk being bitten and severely hurt.
Here's Why It Is So Difficult To Keep Mice Out Of Your Green Valley Home
Have you ever wondered why keeping mice out of your home is so difficult?
Below are some of those reasons:
- Easy access points: If your home has any holes (no matter how small) and otherwise easy access points to the inside, mice will use them. They are capable of squeezing through tiny spaces, so even the smallest opening has the potential of being an entryway into your house.
- Clutter: Mice like setting up shop in places where there is a lot of stuff cluttered together. They use areas like your attic and garage to hide, make nests, and breed, so the messier your house is, the more likely mice will want to move in.
- Access to food: Store food properly to help prevent mice in your kitchen. Mice can chew through boxes and containers food typically comes in, so your cabinets and cupboard are a prime location for mice to gather and possibly spread diseases.
Because they are prolific breeders, a professional technician from Pest Friends will be able to help you effectively rid your home of disease-ridden rodents.