Total Residential Pest Control For Tucson Homeowners
March 20, 2022
With Tucson's heat, pests thrive, and certain ones thrive even more as your home provides a moist environment for them. If you're seeing a multitude of different pests in your home, you more than likely have an infestation. And depending on the types of pests you see, it could indicate a totally different pest infestation you don't even know about because certain pests eat other pests.
However, through regular pest control In Tucson, you can stay on top of future infestations by stopping them before they start. Give Pest Friends a call today to request your free inspection.
The Types Of Pests That Invade Tucson Homes
Whether you're a Tucson homeowner or renter, here are pests you can expect to invade your home at one point or another.
- Mice and rats
- German Cockroaches
With regular home pest control services from us, we'll ensure your home is pest-free through eco-friendly treatment methods.
The Problems Pests Can Cause In Homes
Whether termites or rats, having pests in your home is gross and unsanitary, increasing the sense of urgency to eradicate them. But that's not the only reason to want them out of your home as soon as possible. Pests belong outdoors, so when they make their way into your home, there's a world of damage they can do, and sometimes this damage is done right under your nose without you even realizing it.
- Furniture Damage: Fabric furniture is ideal for pests, as they can eat and rip holes into the fabric. They will eat the wood of your furniture as well, like the legs of a chair or sofa.
- Electrical Damage: The teeth of mice and rats never stop growing, so they need to chew on soft things constantly, But oddly enough, these pests love to chew on wiring. The softness of the electrical cords and the length and shape of cords make them some of a rodent's favorite things to gnaw on. When they gnaw on a cord long enough, they'll eventually break the protective covering over the wire and can potentially cause fire damage to your home.
- Structural Damage: Wood-destroying pests like termites, carpenter bees, and carpenter ants will wreak havoc on the structure of your home. Your roof, load-bearing beams, and the foundation of your house are all at risk of damage if these pests get into your home.
Property damage is an integral reason why regular pest inspections are needed, not only to prevent the spread of diseases certain pests carry but also to protect the structural integrity of your house. Many don't realize it, but billions of dollars go into home repairs due to pest damage.
Easy & Effective Pest Prevention Tips
For almost all pests, the consensus on why they invade our homes is because we provide them food and shelter. Of course, it's never intentional that you have these invasive pests in your home, but by implementing a few better cleaning and sanitizing habits along with regular home maintenance, pests won't have any reason to enter your house.
Use the following tips to help deter pests:
- Properly store food away
- Reduce clutter
- Regularly clean
- Keep crumbs off the floor and countertops
- Seal any cracks or openings in your home
- Replace damaged window or door screens
- Dispose of garbage with a secure lid
- Store food in airtight containers
In addition to our home pest control, implementing these preventive measures will be sure to make your home pest-free
The Best Way To Keep Pests Away
Pests aren't going anywhere. And true enough, they're an important part of our ecosystem, but that doesn't mean your home has to be where they reside. Residential pest control services are the best and only effective way to keep bugs away.
Here at Pest Friends, we offer innovative, modern, and eco-friendly pest control services to safeguard your home from Tucson's common invaders. So don't let another moment slip where a creepy crawler can take full advantage of your house. Give us a call today to set up your inspection.