Everything You Need To Know About Ants In Tucson
April 30, 2022
Some pests are simply annoying and don't cause any harm. The ant is one such example. However, that doesn't mean you want an ant infestation on your hands.
They crawl over everything, and some species like the fire ant and carpenter ant pose trouble for homeowners due to their habits, which is why ant control in your yard is necessary. That's why the best way to handle your ant infestation is with ant control in Tucson that eliminates them from the premises for good.
Why DIY Ant Control Rarely Works
It's tempting to try DIY ant pest control since the common perception is that it's cheaper to go that route. However, DIY rarely works when it comes to ant control. The main reason for this is thanks to the way ants behave.
This pest acts within a colony, meaning you're never dealing with a handful of them. Instead, you're facing hundreds, if not thousands, of ants. To make matters worse, it's nearly impossible with conventional methods to reach every single ant due to DIY ant control solutions not being as powerful or long-reaching.
If you don't take out the entire colony, the ants will just keep coming back. That's why it's always best to leave ant control in Tucson to trained professionals.
Problems With Ants Invading Your Home
Despite their relatively harmless nature, there are still very real problems caused by ants invading your home, such as:
- Large colony: Even the tiniest pest can feel overwhelming when facing hundreds of them at once. Plus, ants have no respect for boundaries.
- Food and water: Ants are highly attracted to your food and water sources, meaning they'll crawl over and contaminate everything. This includes your counters, floors, food items, and more.
- Dangerous species: Some species cause trouble. For example, carpenter ants tunnel through wood, resulting in property damage while fire ants sting people, which can lead to anaphylactic shock.
No matter what species of ant invades your home, the ultimate mission is to ensure effective ant control in your house, so you can regain control of your home and get back to everyday life.
How To Get Rid Of Ants
You can do some things to practice effective ant control in your house. While not foolproof, these tips offer the best chances:
- Eliminate water access: Ants need water to thrive. Without an easily accessible source, they won't stick around. Focus on standing water, leaking pipes, condensation, and clogged gutters.
- Remove food sources: If you leave crumbs out or fresh food improperly stored, you're inviting ants to make themselves at home. Store your food properly and regularly vacuum and sweep to keep them away.
- Pheromone disruption: Ants are foragers and use pheromones to make their way back to the colony from wherever they discovered food and water. With soap and water, you can wipe away the trail.
Don't forget to focus on ant control in your yard since they have to come from somewhere. However, if you want to keep ants away consistently, you'll want to invest in the best pest control for ants to get the most thorough results possible.
How To Keep Ants From Coming Back
At Pest Friends, we know that ant pest control on your own isn't always doable. That's why we work closely with you to identify the problems you're facing and take the steps necessary to eliminate them for good.
In addition, we'll help maximize your ant prevention, so you never have to worry about ant infestations again. Also, we only use ant control products safe for pets, so you get the results you need without compromising the health and safety of your loved ones, including your fur buddy.
Keep the ants away with the best pest control for ants in Tucson! Reach out to the team at Pest Friends to discuss your ant control options, and gain the peace of mind you deserve.